A man’s cave, his holy abode, is an extension of his heart and soul. It is nothing more than a mirror of all our frat-boy dreams, tossed up and tacked on for everyone to see.
It is the last line of defense against smelly diapers, angry wives and a never ending barrage of payments. When the shit hits the fan, the man cave is where we take cover. As such, personalized signs are akin to the mumbo jumbo that the priest from the Exorcist shouted at that demonic brat.
“The power of ‘it’s five o’ clock somewhere’ compels you!”
Tibetan monks, those spry lads from the Vatican, even that odd Tom Cruise endorsed religion, all them have mantras. A hundred praying holy-men mumbling away with words and phrases of power that edge them closer to their beliefs and scriptures.
A guy with a man cave, he has many gods.
His mount Olympus is brimming to the top with such deities as: Jose Cuervo, the Mexican patron of latin señoritas; Johnny “Keep On Walking” Walker, he of the blackouts; PS4, the brain numbing whizz kid; Jack “take a shot” Daniels, the Saint of barrelhouse brawls; Miller, the artist formerly known as “Show me your boobs”.
These angelic chums are the ones we pray to while in the man cave. The Hallowed Host we take a knee to. And, like all organized religions, we have our fair share of rituals.
If we’re still in good shape and living the bachelor life, we may even sacrifice a virgin.
Why get a personalized sign in the first place?
Have you ever gone into a church?
As you look around, you’ll bear witness to a score of worshipping paraphernalia. A giant T; a longhaired dude rocking some gnarly abs; a bunch of portraits that seem to depict Eli Roth’s next horror movie; large written latin jibber-jabber all around.
Well, your man-cave is your chapel. Instead of a cross, you have racks of imported booze; your communion wine and holy wafers, supplanted by cheddar nachos and a hillbilly Margarita (which is just tequila)… And finally, all that latin scribble kicked out the door in favor of good-old signs that exclaim “Man cave, enter at your own risk!”
That’s the reason why you need a personalized sign, otherwise your temple will be missing a beat. It will almost be complete.
Are these signs cool? Hell yes.
But, more importantly it’s a symbol of profound faith. Without faith in your man cave, you don’t have anything more than a room with a bunch of tacky crap inside of it.
But the question is, what should these signs say? What are some good quotes to be the mantra of your man cave?
50 Man Cave Sayings
- “In dog beers, I’ve only had one.”
- “Beware of Wife”
- “Why limit happy to one hour?”
- “It’s on like Donkey Kong”
- “Bar open, proudly serving whatever you bring”
- “Beer doesn’t make you fat. It makes you lean….against bars, tables, chairs, and walls.”
- “Hold my beer and watch this” – Famous last words
- “Keep calm and have a beer”
- “Deer and Beer make me happy”
- “Saw dust is man glitter”
- “Free beer, topless bartenders, and false advertising.”
- “Let’s get ready to stumble”
- “Eat, sleep, hunt.”
- “It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do.”
- “It’s Beer:30”
- It’s 5 o’ clock somewhere”
- “Alcohol – Because no great story started with someone eating a salad.”
- “Salad?! That’s what my bacon eats.”
- “There’s no crying in baseball!”
- “I don’t always drink beer, but when I…..wait…..yes I do.”
- “A guy walks into a bar”
- “This beer is making me awesome.”
- “If you can’t fix it with duct tape, you haven’t used enough.”
- “Gone fishing…as soon as I get back from hunting.”
- “Every Man Dies, Not Every Man Lives,” – William Wallace
- “The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled.”
- “Make the most out of tonight and worry about it all tomorrow.”
- “Find what you love and let it kill you.”
- “A man must stand erect, not be kept erect by others.”
- “You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.”
- “One cannot always be a hero, but one can always be a man.”
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
- “You were once wild… Don’t let them tame you,”
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
- “There is one rule, above all others, for a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.”
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”
- “All you need in life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego – brains don’t mean shit…”
- “No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.”
- “I snuck a bunch of booze into work today, using my stomach.”
- “If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a martini; it ain’t worth fixing.”
- “I didn’t fall. The floor just needed a hug.”
- “Actually I don’t remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.”
- “It’s all fun and games, until someone calls the cops. Then it’s a new game; hide and seek.”
- “I don’t do drugs, I am drugs.”
- “How can a man who can hit a deer at 250 yards keep missing the toilet.”
- “I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade…and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”
- “I’m gonna party, see how intoxicated I can get and how many rules I can flaunt. That’s my motto.”
- “I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.”
- 24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
Now that you’ve found a saying that works for your man cave, it’s time for you to find a way to get that thing into your man cave.
Sure, you could scribble it on a piece of cardboard and hang it up, but that would make you look foolish. Instead of going that route, now is a good time to find a way to make the quote into a personalized sign.
Personalized Man Cave Sign Options
It's difficult to find a sign that'll let you print anything on it that you want. Often times, the companies that make signs tend to only let you personalize a name or a few words for the sign. Because of this, we searched and found options that would allow for more than just a first or last name on the sign.
ADV PRO Custom Sign
What better way to wash down a beer than staring at a sign that you know was custom made with your message? Surprisingly affordable, this one is exactly what you need if you want to put your own quote on an LED sign.
Details for images have to be minimal, so you can't just send in a picture of your bicep and it's vein to be engraved, but this will work for most of the sign ideas you have.
- Two sizes available
LED Message Board 28" x 20" Erasable Fluorescent Writing Sign with Stand
Do you wake up with a hard-on every so often? Phantom images of that time you went to New Orleans during Mardi Grass swimming through your head? Those beautiful women, decked in beats and collars, and nothing more, reminding you what it felt to be young, carefree and the happy owner of a pack of “ribbed for her pleasure” Trojans?
Well, this sign is an ode to your innocent days. An extraordinary piece that brings every letter to life and you can personalize as much as you’d like.
- Self Standing Frame
- LED Light
- Erasable text - Message can change
- Comes with all accessories
Personalized Custom White 9x12 Aluminum Metal Sign
Your lack of imagination is astounding. Kudos for saying your decor is “minimalistic”. You simply wanted something fast and were sick and tired of trying to find a sign that “spoke” to you. Or you simply don’t want to spend a small fortune on a sign, and that’s fine too. Well, you found the right piece.
“Um… Why do you think Larry didn’t buy a nice neon sign?”
“Don’t be daft, Bill. Can't you see he’s giving us a class on the vacant and sheer absurdity of creation? The vastness and emptiness of space? That’s why it’s white… It almost makes you want to cry and give in to the beauty of nature.”
- Water Proof
- Pre-drilled Mounting Holes